My obsession with old fashioned donuts (a prominent pregnancy craving for me) is at an all-time high, so places like Stan’s Donuts have become morning pit-stops. Their wall of Kitchenaid mixers always catches my eye. Have you noticed denim is popping up everywhere lately? I’ve been eyeing these shorts (they’ve perfected the distressed look) + these pants (the wash is so “summer”) for wearing once this baby is delivered!
We’ve been working hard to get the baby’s nursery completed, and we’re about half way there. Last weekend included painting the walls; when I peeked my head through the door to see how the progress was coming, I was met with a sweet little surprise from Doug.
We had a big work meeting where they let people take home the centerpieces from the tables, so I of course volunteered myself as tribute. I love all the colors in this bouquet – it says “Spring” in every way! A cool wall mural found at Left Coast & great reminder that the best things in life are free. My belly’s getting massive, so dressing is becoming increasingly difficult. I reverted to sporting comfy drawstring loungers dressed up with a leather jacket and nude flats the other day, and didn’t half mind the result. It was a great option for a day where I just couldn’t try hard, ya know? These camo ones are super cool & I’m also loving the look in standard black. The cuteness of Gracie’s ponytails is just killing me lately. I mean, really, how adorable?!
I accomplished something really big last week: I was able to officially pay off my graduate student loan! It’s something I’ve been working to pay off for years, so it felt amazing to write that final check and say, “Byeeeee.” To celebrate, I treated myself to a no-chip manicure, which I’m now a firm believer in. A week later my nails still look just-done! Whoop whoop HANDS UP!
- 66 positive things you should be saying to your child.
- A 75 year study reveals the 1 secret to living a fulfilling life.
- Have you noticed that embroidered items are popping up everywhere? How fun are these jeans and these ones, too?
- Looking to plan a trip with your girlfriends? Here are some great ideas for those who love small towns!
- Tear. Jerker.
- Rachel’s kitchen reveal is so good.
- Your most productive 90 days ever, right this way.
- Heels in giraffe print. Rivals leopard, ya?
In Case You Missed:
- What’s your happiest time of day? You may be surprised to find out what mine is!
- My reader survey results. Filled with great insights for other bloggers!
- Gracie’s baby animal inspired nursery tour.
- Celebrating St. Patty’s this weekend? Here are 6 stylish ways to wear green.
- How I recently put some pep in my step.
- A tuxedo dress & case of the cold shoulder.
Have the best weekend! xx