I’ve always been a big fan of having fresh flowers in my home, but lately its become an obsession. Every week, I grab a new bouquet. I’m not sure if it’s nesting or that I’m so excited for spring, but either way, our home has never been more vibrant!
A notepad I’ve been using lately to keep track of all my to-do’s. “Quaintrelle” is the prettiest word, isn’t it?
Only good vibes allowed in our apartment! (Psst – this door mat can be found here, if you’re interested.) A glimpse into a slow morning last weekend. I’ve been loving hot lemon water lately, although I do have to admit, coffee and I are still on great terms! We caught a wild little animal while at Lincoln Park Zoo. My parents came in town last weekend and we had a great time eating at our favorite restaurants, perusing the city, and they even took Grace for a park playdate in which I indulged in a really long nap. (Thank you!) Trust me, when you’re as pregnant as I, it’s the little things that make a huge difference!
Mark your calendars! The Chicago Foundation for Women is hosting a Pop-Up shop on April 15 from 12 – 5 pm. All money raised from the event is used for the Young Women’s Giving Council’s grant-making cycle to benefit programs helping women and girls in Chicago. I went through my closet recently and donated a ton of clothes for the shop, and my mom brought in lots of great things, too. Our donations include things from Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Valentino, Theory, and more; it’s definitely an event you won’t want to miss! If you’re in Chicago, swing by and help support this amazing organization.
Excuse the quality of this photo, but I couldn’t let this saying go un-photographed on my site. Because, it’s true, riiiiight?! (Especially while pregnant!) This week we had a dinner date with Kelly and Mitch at Homeslice. Gracie and Emma laughed and squealed at one another from across the table, and it was so cute. Always love seeing their family! I recently found Shaun Teo, a cake designer, on Instagram and am in awe of his beautiful work. Pastel unicorns and strawberries?! What a dream, right?! These make me so happy and are the best visual reminder that springtime is here!
- Hallie recently shared her top pieces of advice and it was such a refreshing read. So many quotes stuck out to me – they came at just the right time when I needed them most.
- The top 10 cities where millennials want to be.
- How you can help Syria. (Please read!)
- Why intuition is more powerful than intellect.
- 7 things people think are terrible for their productivity that aren’t.
- How to create a killer media kit. Loving this advice from Blogging For Keeps. (Great resource if you’re a blogger!)
- Anyone want to buy a castle?
- Want to raise a trail-blazing daughter? Do these 7 things!
In Case You Missed:
- I put together a round up of the best advice I’ve read/heard on how to transition a new sibling into your home. I feel so much more mentally prepared for our second baby after this post!
- If you’re thinking of traveling soon, definitely consider going to Nicaragua! I shared my highlights of Granada, Masaya and Ometepe Island here. And, you can read all about San Juan Del Sur here!
- A slip dress & t-shirt combo that ended up being one of my favorite outfit posts while pregnant. Plus, in it, I share the best compliment you can give to a pregnant women. (Take note!)
- What to pack in your hospital bag for labor. (Really can’t get enough of the Cuyana weekender bag that’s featured in this post!)
- Red pumps, leather pants, and just a little bit of sass.
- Have you heard that we’re looking into buying a house?! You can read all about the big news here. We’re very much still in the prelim stages, but it’s exciting!