Monday Tuesday! If you had yesterday off work like I did, you’re with me on loving the fact that we’re kicking off the week one day closer to the weekend. But who’s counting, right? (Answer: Me.) We spent this weekend in the best way possible – with an equal mix of leisure and activity, filled with lots of time together. Here’s a quick recap!
- My dad and step-mom came in for a few days. Friday they watched Gracie all day while Doug and I went to work, and at night we tried out a new burger place called Bareburger, which had such good onion rings that we ordered a second round. Saturday we went to brunch at a local diner, and they took Gracie on a hours-long walk so that we could get stuff done around the house. (We are super behind on setting up everything in preparation for the new baby!)
- Saturday night we watched Going Clear, which was all about Scientology. You know those movies that you keep thinking about afterwards because their creepiness lingers in your mind? That was totally this one.
- Sunday my parents left, and Doug, Gracie and I went to Bridgeport for what was quite possibly the best brunch I’ve had in a long time. It was at a place called Kimski – I ordered the biscuits and gravy (an odd staple of mine that I crave) and Doug ordered the chicken dumpling soup. It was all jaw-dropping good.
- Since Sunday was really Saturday, Doug went out that evening to celebrate our friend’s engagement. (Congrats, Mackenzie and Brian!) I stayed in to watch Gracie, and after she went to bed, watched Bridget Jones’s Baby, which was the ultimate definition of a chick flick. Despite this, I loved it!
- We went to the Planetarium followed by a delicious mediterranean lunch on Monday with my friend Kristina. Gracie doesn’t quite grasp the concept of space yet, but she definitely loved running around pointing at the exhibits of planets! After, we swung by Kelly & Mitch’s house to say hi, then went home and all of us took the longest nap.
- Monday night we went over Liz and Dave’s for dinner. I love casual nights in – they’re so laid back with zero expectations, and are the best way to catch up with out favorite people. Gracie started saying “Charlie”, which was so cute I could barely handle it. We brought over Athenian Room, which is one of my all-time favorites.
Side note: Recapping all the above made me realize how much we eat out during the weekend. I have no shame. There’s nothing like a fabulous brunch or dinner to get out and explore the city!
In these pictures, I’m wearing a navy Anthropologie Cowlneck Pullover, which I’ve basically been living in lately because it’s so comfortable. (Nope, not maternity!) I’ve worn it with basically every combination imaginable — with jeans and heels, or as shown here, with leggings, knee-high boots (Mind are old but these grey suede ones are amazing and these ones are a steal), my Coach purse and a fedora.
Also on repeat? Blanket scarves because for some reason despite being from the Midwest I hate the bulk of coats if I’m just running out quickly. On sunny days, I can almost justify my odd tendency while still looking sane. Did you have a three day weekend, too? Did you do anything fun? Hope your week goes by quick, until the next one!