My name is Emily Charron and I’m a Michigan-native who lives, works, and plays in the skyscrapers of Chicago with my husband Doug and daughters Gracie and Josephine.
By day I’m a digital marketing manager at one of the world’s top brands, and by night I pen this blog as a creative outlet. Here, I share snapshots of my life, style, travels and creative pursuits.
Isn’t That Charming is aimed to empower women, brighten your day & leave inspired to live a charmed life. If you’re a reader, I consider you a friend; please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Thank you so much for following along!
- Age: 30
- Kids: 1 daughter, Gracie, and another little lady on the way! Read about Grace’s birth story here, and about our baby on the way here.
- How long have you been with your husband? Together for 10 years, married for 2! You can read all about our vineyard wedding here.
- Education: B.A. in Journalism from Michigan State University; M.A. in PR and Advertising from DePaul University
- How long have you lived in Chicago? About 8 years. My husband and I (back when we were still dating!) were both applying to graduate schools across the nation. Our top choices were between Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles, and the Windy City won!
- What type of music do you like? A little of everything! My favorites are Zac Brown Band, Eric Church, John Mayer, Taylor Swift, Ray LaMontagne, The Avett Brothers, and The Beatles.
- Fond of: Curiosity, curling up with a great book, nice people, rooftop wine chats, shameless dance parties, good vibes.
- Not Fond Of: Chipped nail polish, being cold, inefficiencies, low expectations.
- Describe Your Style: Approachable classics mixed with occasional glam wild cards. Always optimized for comfort.
- Style Icons: Kate Middleton & Jenna Lyons
- Most Worn Item In Your Closet: Blue jeans
- What do you do for fun? Travel and be with the people I love.
- Favorite Places You’ve Been: South Africa, Nicaragua, Rome, Paris.
- What Inspires You? Color, creative people, learning, music, nature, technology