It’s here! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – aka “Christmas in July” – has arrived and guess who’s exciiiited? This girl. And you too, no doubt, because why wouldn’t we be?! It’s only the greatest sale of the season, after all.
In case you’re scratching your head and thinking, “Uh…why all the hoopla?”, here’s a quick low down for you. Unlike most sales that feature items that are old or closing out the season, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale features brand-spanking new items that are discounted for a limited time. It has items for both the current and upcoming seasons, so think of it as your kick-start to fall/winter wardrobe. Best of all, the items are so good. We’re talking designer clothing, purses, shoes, the works. It’s the perfect time to stack up on fashion essentials and your favorite brands!
The sale starts TODAY, online and in-store, for Nordstrom card holders. (If you’re not a card holder, apply now! The perks are amazing.) Then, it opens to the public on July 20 – August 5. But all the good stuff typically sells out fast, so you need to act fast!
Full outfit pictured above can be found here. Included in this year’s sale are adorable Marc Fisher studded booties, on sale from $198 to $129! Also found in the sale are Quay sunglasses – one of my favorite for eye wear – which are on sale from $60 to $39! Full outfit pictured above can be found here. Included in this year’s sale are similar Steve Madden Over The Knee Booties, on sale from $129 to $86. Also included in the sale is a darling suede skirt, similar to the one pictured above, which is $64, down from $98.
Here’s the thing, though. It’s kind of overwhelming. We’re talking thousands-of-items-to-sort-through overwhelming. So I hope that the content I’ve got scheduled in the coming weeks will make it super easy for you to shop the best sale of the year.
Here’s what I’ve got planned for you: Below, I’ve got a round up of my top 30 must haves from the sale. (Remember: If you’re not a cardholder you can still shop now by signing up!) I’m planning on a try-on session post in the coming days (similar to this post, which was my biggest commission generator from last year so I know you liked it, too!) to showcase great items worth shopping. With our new home in the works, I’ve got all things decor on my mind, so I’ll have a separate post dedicated to great home decor finds. PLUS I’ve already ordered a slew of items today from the sale that I plan on doing some fun outfit posts with, so keep your eyes peeled for that, too! For in-the-moment updates (particularly with the dressing room try-ons noted above!) be sure to follow along on Instagram, with @IsntThatCharming in the LiketoKnow.it app, or keep checking into the “Shop Daily Charms” section of my site!
Full outfit pictured above can be found here. Included in this year’s sale is a Tory Burch crossbody purse, similar to the above, which is on sale from $228 to $151. Also in the sale are Hudson skinny jeans, which are pictured above. This pair is currently $99, down from $198, and they are so flattering!
30 Must-Shop Finds From The 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
For my top 30 must-have picks, I focused on finds that will be high value adds to your wardrobe, not just clutter in a few months. I also focused on tried-and-true designers that consistently make high quality items. AKA — the below are picks that are not just great sales, but great value. (There is definitely a difference!)
- Classic loafers meets rock and roll and I’m DANCING. I seriously can’t get over how amazing these are. Was $149, now $99.
- A blush, comfy sweater from Rebecca Minkoff that is reversible. (Read: Two looks in one!) This is a perfect staple for fall! Was $148, now $99.
- Madwell stripe oversize shirt. One of those closet items that are perfect no matter what season. For now, I’d wear this tied and with jean shorts. For fall, I’d pair it with a leather jacket and booties. Was $72, now $49.
- Hudson Jeans – Nico Midrise Supermodel. For my fellow jeans girls — these are a must! This color is perfect for everything from work to dinner, and they’re super flattering too. I love my Hudson jeans and basically live in them year-round. Was $195, now $99.
- Madewell abroad trench coat. A take on the classic trench that is perfect for cooler days. Trench coats are a timeless closet staple. If you don’t already have one, this is your opportunity to grab a great one for less! Was $138, now $91.
- Natori flora underwire bra. A little curve ball for you as I don’t typically feature underwear on these types of roundups! But, how pretty is the sheer fabric mixed with lace?! Was $70, now $46.
- J.Crew Heart Print Tee. How cute?! Was $45, now $29.
- Levi’s faux leather fashion belted jacket. You guys know how much I love a great leather jacket. This one is so damn cool. Was $168, now $99.
- Nardi Edwardian ear crawlers. Another accessory item that I can’t get enough of! (Typed as I am wearing similar ear crawlers). Was $45, now $29.
- Vince Darlington Flat. These are “V” adorable. (Get it?! Ha.) Dress them up or down, but know that you’ll always look classy. Was $295, now $189.
- Monica Vinader Fiji Chain Bracelet. One of my favorite accessory items ever; I really can’t recommend this bracelet enough. I wear it almost daily — it’s worth every. single. penny. Was $295, now $195.
- ASTR the Label button front dress. This is so perfectly feminine and would be perfect on its own in the summer, or layered in the fall. I love this dress brand because they always make such lovely, romantic options! Was $79, now $52.
- Sam Edelman Caprice Knee-High Boots. These make me so excited for fall. Was $224, now $149.
- Topshop Colorblock Knit Pullover. I predict this is one of the first items to sell out! Go, go, go! Was $68, now $44.
- Rebecca Minkoff herringbone oversized blazer. Menswear chic at it’s best! The fit of this blazer is gorgeous, and I’m dreaming of wearing this with studded loafers (such as mentioned in #1 above!) or black booties. To me, this item is so worth the investment because it’s one that you’ll have for years and won’t go out of style. Was $348, now $232.
- Gorjana power gemstone bracelet. These look adorable layered, and there are so many pretty colors! Love that they have meaning behind the gemstones, too. Was $58, now $38.
- Tory Burch Leather Wallet Crossbody. All of the YES. Was $228, now $151.
- Lauren Hope Isabel Stud Earrings. How beautiful are these?! Was $98, now $68.
- Blank NYC Suede Skirt. Would look adorable paired with a chunky sweater tucked in, and booties! Was $98, now $64.
- J.Crew Olga Wool Topcoat. A perfect piece to invest in before the temperatures dip. Was $278, now $184.
- Kate Spade stud earrings. A fanciful signature statement! Was $44, now $28.
- Rebecca Minkoff Small Leather Feed Bag. Big enough, but not too big. I’ve always wanted a Rebecca Minkoff bag, and this one just may be my first. I love the studs! (Classic look but also SO on trend right now!) Was $245, now $159.
- Louise et Cie Sonya Pointy Toe Booties. I’m torn between the black and red! Was $149, now $99.
- Trouve Wide Waist Biker Leggings. Get these if you love looking like a badass every now and then. Was $79, now $52.
- Steve Madden Over The Knee Boots. A must for fall, and one of my most-worn items when the weather is cooler! Was $129, now $86.
- Nordstrom Cashmere Crewneck Pullover. The soft blue is so pretty! And for a high-end cashmere sweater, this price is pretty unbeatable. Was $249, now $165.
- Marc Fisher Chelsea Booties. More studs, for the win! I love these in all of the colors, but the white is really speaking to me. Was $198, now $129.
- Barbour Quilted Jacket. Love me a warm coat that is super stylish, too. This is winning on all fronts. Was $179, now $119.
- Ted Baker Culottes. The paperbag waist is so fun. Wear this with a white top and mules for a fashion-forward look! Was $229, now $152.
- Ugg Cassandra Check Pajamas. These look so comfy! Was $73, now $48.